In 2015, the Jamaica Plain Historical Society Archives were moved to the Healey Library, 5th floor at The University of Massachusetts Boston to become part of their Archives and Special Collections. The JPHS Archives are open to the public. Please use the Finding Aid to see what is housed in the JPHS Archives. The collection includes letters, photographs, maps, organizational records, diaries, audiotapes, books and videotapes.
The University of Massachusetts Boston also holds several other collections related to Jamaica Plain history. These collections include:
- Jamaica Plain Historical Society Records
- Jamaica Plain Neighborhood House Records
- Haymarket People’s Fund records, 1974-1989
- Boston Urban Gardeners records, 1976-1989
- Home for Aged Men records, 1861-1972
- Massachusetts Infant Asylum Records
- Anthony Mitchell Sammarco Jamaica Plain Photographs
Some of the materials described in the Finding Aids are available online; and links to these are included in the Finding Aid. In other cases, particular records of interest may be scanned and sent to a researcher for a fee. Please contact the Archives staff to make a research appointment or to learn more about The University of Massachusetts Boston's collections.
Visit the Finding Aids related to Jamaica Plain collections.